Monday, February 28, 2011

Meditative photoshoot? Yogi camera work

Today, I did another video-shoot for http://www.anvention.com.

I filmed Manu and others practicing yoga and meditated. During the session, an amazing happened for me -- I felt as if I, myself, meditated over the camera. I felt stress and bad feelings go away. As if time had stopped and there were nothing else in the world besides my camera and my subjects.

As I was looking for better shooting angles, I tried to move my arms and my feet as slowly and steadily as possible. And so this became a yoga and meditation for me. A dance of Whirling Dervishes of sorts. My muscles worked, and so did my mind... And I felt very happy afterwords.

--
There were two new practitioners I haven't met before. They were nice enough to allow me to film them. To preserve their privacy, I avoided recording of their names and faces.

No comments: