Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Birds and daisies

Erika and I are sitting in the car at Joshua's soccer practice. Suddenly, a huge flock of birds flies over our heads. Hundreds of them, rushing, like a spider web of black dots that covers the sky at once. She says: look... Wow!
I look at the birds -- they remind me of spring and the happy matings games.
Erika says: how freakie... so many same things at once... scary.
Suddenly, my feeling about the birds change. They look to me as if they are ugly little creatures. That each of them has its own needs: hunger, survival instincts, desire to mate, fear of falling or being left behind by the flock.

I describe the feeling to her. She says: wow, your are very negative. Now, imagine a field of flowers moving in the wind like waves of a sea.

All over sudden, I feel warmth in my chest. I could clearly imagine the myriad of white and yellow daisies. I can almost smell them, reach out with my stretched hand and stroke them.

Do we have an invisible cord between us, a direct link from her feelings to mine? Go figure.

No comments: